Ecology Club Meeting 10/1
Tuesday, October the first there will be an Ecology Club Meeting in the 3rd floor group room. We will talk about the upcoming Farm Field Days, the Recycling Bowl Competition and touch base on a few other events such as Prince William Recycles Day. If you can't make the meeting make sure to talk to either Mr. Smith or Mrs. Hruska about participating in these events. Think green and keep on recycling every thursday! :)
Prepare for Youth Ambassador's Conferrence
Greeting Ecology Club Members!
This is a review of our last meeting for those who could not make it or missed some of it.
Youth Ambassador's Conference
*DO NOTE THAT ALL TIMES ARE ROUGH ESTIMATIONS*
Registration: 9:15-10 AM
· We will need around 5 students for the registration table. These should be people that do not mind talking to parents(even the angry kind).
· We will also need 1-2 students to greet parents and lead them to the emergency form table.
Game Show!: 9:15-10 AM (Game show runs during Registration)
· This part of the event will require around 5 students. These guys will ask questions about the environment and keep the crowd entertained.(these guys should not have stage fright!)
Project Presentation: 10:00-10:30 AM
· We will be showing a short presentation on each of the projects (around 6) for the students. These projects will be starting in March and you have an opportunity to lead in them!
· EX. Re-locating blue bird houses at Vulcan Quarry
· EX. Forest park trail work
Main Activity: 10:30-12:00 AM
· This is where you get to be creative and think of an activity for the kids to do. We will be planning this part in class for our next meetings so do not worry if you are having trouble thinking of stuff to do.
We also need people to help design an Ecology club T-Shirt Design for the event. If you are interested talk to Mr. Smith or Mrs.Hruska.
*Also note to bring your permission slips for the hike on Friday, December 07.
T-Shirts for Recycle Day!
We need to bring in used T-shirts for Prince William County Recycles Day! We will be turning the T-shirts into bags for the elementary school students that will be visiting the land fill. In order for our project to work we will need all the shirts we can get by Friday. We would like it if the shirts have pictures and designs on them so that we can turn them into fancy bags :). The kids will love them.
America Recycles Day (10/15/12)
When: October 20, 2012
Where: PWC Landfill
Greetings Club Members!
This year, America Recycles Day will be held this Saturday, October 20, 2012 at the PWC Landfill. There are no signs of rain but it is expected to be 60 degrees so dress accordingly. Everyone should meet at the landfill no later than 9:00am. We should be done around 2:00 pm.
See you there! :)
14811 Dumfries Road, Manassas, VA 20112
From Woodbridge: Take Minnieville Road (going west) until it ends at its intersection with Route 234/Dumfries Road, Independent Hill. Turn right; travel approximately one (1) mile. At the second traffic light, turn right at Landfill Complex (traffic light at Landfill Complex/Bristow Road).
From Manassas: Take Route 234 south (east); travel toward Dumfries approximately seven (7) miles from Old Town Manassas. Turn left at Landfill Complex (traffic light at Landfill Complex/Bristow Road).From Dumfries and I-95: Take Route 234 north (west) toward Manassas. Travel approximately five (5) miles. The PWC Landfill is on the right at a traffic light at Landfill Complex/Bristow Road.